G etting back to work after injury or illness in a safe and timely way is paramount for our clients. It also benefits employers to have a well planned and implemented return to work program.
We believe the key to success is early communication
At Coastal Rehab we have many years of experience in successfully supporting rehabilitation in work environments and believe the keys to success are early communication with treatment providers; a sound understanding of the work environment and workplace culture and identifying barriers to a successful return to work.
How we work with employers
We assist employers by being the main point of contact to all parties, liaising with employer, client, treating health providers and the insurer. With tangible support and education we can help shorten the length of time off work, and reduce the risk of secondary problems such as anxiety and depression.
Successful team-work with the client, employer and treatment team allows us to effectively identify and match suitable duties. We do this by:
- Assessing the client and matching this with the cognitive, physical, behavioural, and psychological determinants of job performance to create a Suitable Duties Plan.
- Implementing strategies for the client for managing pain and movement limitations.
- Building their confidence in their abilities to remain at work.
Coastal Rehab provides Return to Work services and Work Health & Safety Consultation across the Sunshine Coast and surrounding regions including:
- Initial needs and Worksite Assessments
- Identifying Suitable Duties
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Equipment Prescriptions
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Manual Handling
- WHS Consulting